Education & Resources
Links, Newsletters, Hubs, and More
The DrFungus website is the educational and community resource for the Mycoses Study Group Education and Research Consortium (MSGERC). Doctor Fungus serves the broader community of physician colleagues, investigators and scientists involved in mycological science, research and clinical care. Educational resources are currently expanding and will be available and of interest across disciplines, including interested members of the community, health care advocates, teachers and those involved in development and analysis of healthcare policy.
Doctor Fungus reaches into the communities of health care professionals and brings you up to date information and news in the world of medical mycology. Doctor Fungus also serves as a resource for patients and caregivers who are dealing with these serious and rare diseases. The website includes important resources and information such as:
- Case of the Month
- searchable Fungal Descriptions
- Q and A
- Introduction to Fungi and Mycology
- Plus more!
Have a case of interest for the broader Mycology community? Submit it for publication in DrFungus‘s Case of the Month.
- Special MSGERC Webinar:
- Diagnostic Update in Invasive Fungal Infections (MSGERC Webinar 5-2-2022 Diagnostics Update in Invasive Fungal Infections)
- COVID Associated Fugal Infections (MSGERC Webinar 11-8-2021 COVID Associated Fungal Infections)
- Faces of Fungal Infection – Darrell’s Story (Faces of Fungal Infection – Darrell’s Story: Progression of Ulcer)
- Faces of Fungal Infection – Carrea’s Story (Faces of Fungal Infection – Carrea’s Story: Histoplasmosis)
- Antifungal Therapies and Stewardship (MSGERC Webinar 1-25-2022 Antifungal Therapies and Stewardship)
The MSGERC periodically publishes newsletters of interest to highlight the work of MSGERC members and other leaders in the field of mycoses. To submit an article of interest or to join the distribution list, please email [email protected].
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- Leading International Fungal Education (LIFE)
- Global Action Fund for Fungal Infections (GAFFI)
- University of California, Merced – Valley Fever Network
- National Organization for Rare Disorders (NORD)
- MyCare Mycology Advocacy, Research & Education (MyCARE) – The first pan-fungal patient advocacy organization (fightfungus.org
- FungusCME.org – The MSGERC Continuing Education Portal Welcome to FungusCME.org – FungusCME.org is the official continuing education site of the collaboration of the Mycoses Study Group Education & Research Consortium and Terranova Medica.
- ISHAM Clinical Mycology Course ISHAM Clinical Mycology Course – Fungus Education Hub